The Wirnet Station is a robust, performant and highly reliable outdoor LoRaWAN gateway for smart IoT network.
Introduced in 2014, the Wirnet Station was the first LoRaWAN gateway commercially available on the market worldwide.
Based on LoRa® technology, this gateway is since a leading reference for the deployment of resilient public and private operated networks. It is available in most global unlicensed frequency bands (like ISM ones) and is proposed through ruggedized, compact and light casing, making it easy to install and deploy.
This LoRaWAN gateway specifically meets standard requirements of public operators, MVNOs, cable operators, private businesses or public authorities willing to boost their IoT business and to deploy evolutive and reliable network, connect high volumes of end-devices, and manage millions of bidirectional messages every day.
This long-range and low-power gateway offers 49 LoRa® demodulators over 9 channels and comes with exclusive features for its remote monitoring and management with Kerlink network operations solutions, the Wanesy Management Center
The Wirnet Station is also compatible with the Wanesy Small Private Network solution to deploy standalone and self-operating LoRaWAN private network.
Its ruggedized and streamlined design brings together optimized embedded processing capabilities, advanced remote monitoring options, and enhanced radio network configuration, easy to operate even for non-telecom users.
The Wirnet Station IoT gateway especially embeds saw filters to prevent interferences with adjacent frequency bands (especially LTE), real-time radio scanning, 2G/3G/Ethernet backhaul and integrated GNSS high-sensitivity GPS module. Its system monitoring-and-alarming capability (capacity usage, hardware failure) grants high availability and performance levels.
This LoRaWAN gateway is fully compatible with Kerlink network operations tools, Wanesy Management Center, and third-parties’ solutions to enable flexible and scalable deployments across many industries.
LoRa® IoT network deployment by DIGIMONDO in Berlin, using Kerlink Wirnet Station LoRaWAN gateway
Photo Credit – Digimondo©
Ask for quote
Wirnet Station in the IoT chain
Embedded Base Station Controller and Radio Network Controller, for remote operations
- Carrier grade, robust and performant outdoor LoRaWAN Gateway
- Low Power consumption and Wide Area coverage (15+km in semi-urban area and 2km in urban area)
- High capacity and reliability, for bidirectional communications handling high volumes of end-points and messages.
- Light infrastructure, easy to install, fast to configure and adaptable for any vertical IoT use cases.
- High interferences-resistance for better data transmission and permanent high availability.
CPU & Memory:
- Powerful ARM processor with hardware watchdog and optimized power consumption management
- DDRAM 128 MB / 8 GB eMMC / dedicated memory for system firmware and auto recovery agent.
- LoRa® Packet Forwarder, Linux OS, embedded base station controller (Wanesy Management Center remote management)
- Software packages and open development tools included
- Firewalling, routing, networking and tunneling features
- Integrated high sensitivity GNSS module
- Ready for GPS, built-in antenna.
- Robust and waterproof polycarbonate compact enclosure
- Light form-factor, only 2 kg (including mounting kit).
- PowerOverEthernet supply, DC power supply (for solar panel use for example)
- Power control and alerting, with remote monitoring and management using Wanesy Management Center
- Back-up battery.
- 49 LoRa® demodulators over 9 channels.
- Bidirectional communications, range of 15+ km in sub-urban areas, and of 2 km in urban areas.
- Supported ISM bands: EU 863-870 MHz, India 865-867 MHz, US 902-928 MHz FCC, AS 923 MHz.
- Backhaul connectivity over GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA/UMTS (Europe, APAC, Americas bands), Ethernet.
Environment and sensors:
- Large operating range, high humidity tolerance
- Certified for Ingress protection / Impact resistance / UV resistance / Flammability rating
- Embedded sensors for remote secure monitoring and management using Wanesy Management Center Base Station Controller.
- Remote alarm notification, firmware upgrade, file transfer, configuration, radio monitoring and statistics (Wanesy Management Center)
- EU / ETSI certified.
- LoRa® Antennas